Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum
A well-known multi-disciplinary engineering design consultancy working across a number of sectors are looking for a Senior Hydrogeologist to facilitate the expansion of their current hydrogeology skills base in Hampshire.
The successful Senior Hydrogeologist will possess a relevant Science/Earth Science or associated degree and membership of an appropriate professional institution, you will ideally have an MSc in Hydrogeology, or related, and be a Chartered Hydrogeologist.
You must have the following experience/attributes;
• Consultancy/regulator experience, particularly relating to groundwater resources in UK and overseas, including groundwater resources numerical modelling.
• Water supply, construction dewatering and design input.
• Controlled waters risk assessments including contaminant fate and transport modelling.
• Excellent communication and motivation skills.
• The ability to initiate project tasks and good commercial awareness, including experience of running the commercial aspects of projects.
• Team player and self starter.
• Problem solver i.e. “can –do” attitude.
• Flexible to travel in UK and working away from base office.
• Ability to work within large multi-disciplinary engineering teams.
and the following are desirable;
• Good understanding of the regulatory regime and legislative framework, obtained either by working for a regulatory body or by dealings with regulators on projects;
• Ability to talk competently and confidently to clients.
• Experience of Environmental Impact Assessments
A brief overview of responsibilities is as follows;
Managing selected projects or components of projects, taking responsibility for resource allocation, managing subcontractors, quality assurance and client feedback and ensuring effective communication of any changes/modifications
Working in collaboration with other design disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design
Providing both leadership and technical advice to project team members
Reviewing and ensuring compliance in the components of the project for which you have responsibility, including drawings, reports, specifications and studies
Building and maintaining effective relationships with clients on projects
Managing all commercial aspects (contract, invoicing, debt management, client management etc) relating to projects for which you have responsibility.
To discuss this excellent Senior Hydrogeologist opportunity further call Steve Halliday on 0118 9320100 / 07920 007496 or apply online.
Keywords: water vacancies,water treatment vacancies,water jobs,water industry jobs,water engineering jobs,water engineer jobs,wastewater treatment jobs,wastewater jobs,UK water jobs,jobs in water industry,jobs in water,jobs environmental,environmental vacancies,environmental recruitment,environmental recruiter,environmental jobs,environmental job agencies,environment jobs,EIA jobs