I am currently recruiting for a Junior Estimator as a result of continued growth with one of our key clients in Derby
It is essential the candidate has a good understanding and working knowledge/application of Estimating with Industrial/Electrical experience in a collaborative environment.
- To prepare estimates, quotations and budget prices to secure orders for work
- Review client specifications and requirements.
- Attend Client team meetings develop Outline client scope into fully detailed costs
- Site Visits.
- Quantity take offs from drawings.
- Prepare requests for quotations to Sub Contractors and Suppliers.
- Analyse returns from Sub Contractors and Suppliers
- Preparation of cost sheets.
- Calculation of Labour Rates.
- Preparation of Tender letters.
- Tender programmes and schedules.
- Attendance of Hand Over meetings to Project teams.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities;
- To handle tender preparation from acceptance of enquiry through to final submission working to strict deadlines throughout
- To liaise with clients where necessary and to obtain specific information relevant to tender content and preparation
- To obtain prices for bought out items and sub-contracts against relevant specifications, criteria and conditions
- To make a preliminary assessment of overhead costs and prepare tender summaries for management agreement
- To prepare material and labour take-off for pricing
- To develop outline project programmes
- To develop initial project risk register
- To comply with Group and Company policies and procedures
The ideal candidate will have;
- Electrical and/or Mechanical estimating experience in a Industrial background.
- High level of accuracy and commercial acumen
- Good communication and presentational skills
- Conversant with use of Microsoft Office
- Quality of estimating proposals
- Conversant with use of Estimation Software
- Ability to produce programme utilising Microsoft Projects
- Electrical and/or Mechanical estimating experience within the Industrial sector
- Ability to utilise "Estimation" for preparation of tenders, or as a minimum good knowledge of excel
- Ability to utilise AutoCAD
- Ability to utilise Amtech
- Background knowledge of civil and construction methods
Excellent basic salary depending on experience,
Please contact Thomas Kirkham 0118 924 1162 & email a current CV to Tkirkham@resourcing-solutions.com
Candidates who viewed this job also viewed...
Position: Estimator- Telecom Type of Employment: Contract Length of contract: 4 months Start: ASAP Our client is looking for a estimator with a...
Mechanical Estimator Long Eaton, Nottinghamshire 3 months contract to permanent position, circa £17 per hour / £27,000 per annum long term...
I am currently recruiting for an experienced Estimator on a permanent basis based in North Nottinghamshire. This role is with a growing company that...