Airport Senior Civil Design Engineer
Resourcing Solutions Ltd is currently recruiting an Airport Civil Designer for a major infrastructure consultancy business providing services into the airport sector. This individual could be someone senior or someone more junior dependent on thier level, but looking to progress their career forward starting in a contractual role.
We would be keen to hear from all Design Engineers with Airports backgrounds.
This is an opportunity to join an airfield design team renowned for their technical excellence and expertise, relied upon by clients to not only provide high quality designs, but identify practical solutions to their many complex challenges and implement them in a collaborative way.
This role is to join, lead and help shape the future of a high energy specialist design team, in a growing Airports business.
This builds on a long and distinguished history of supporting the aviation industry, both civil and defence, at home and abroad.
We’re looking for someone with excellent technical design skills, who wants to work to deliver practical solutions for our clients.
This oculd be someone who listens to our clients and immerses themselves in their world, someone who is authentic, challenging and bold.
We are seeking experienced, organised, self-motivated and collaborative team players, capable of leading small design teams at a senior level in the delivery of co-ordinated designs in an airport environment. The applicant should preferably be a Chartered Civil Engineer with knowledge of ICAO, EASA and CAA regulations and proven ability of their application from concept through to detailed design on airfield and airport infrastructure. The role requires the ability to develop close collaborative working relationships with clients, stakeholders to enable the production, approval and delivery of resilient design solutions in a demanding client environment.
The candidate will be expected to fulfil a managing role within the design team to:
- Deliver all the specified project design outcomes on time, within budget and to the quality required
- Comply with all relevant technical standards; including ICAO, EASA, CAA and local airport planning and engineering standards
- Maintain good relationships with all external stakeholders to enhance the reputation of the company
- Provide guidance, professional development and training for less experienced staff.
The successful candidate will cover all aspects of the design process and management of a design team to deliver our clients outcomes and will include amongst other things:
- Produce, check and present design concepts and options, design details, drawings, specifications and other technical documents.
- Develop designs including runways, taxiways, stands and roads in accordance with the client’s requirements and relevant design standards to achieve cost effective solutions.
- Prepare and check options analysis reports, survey briefs, design calculations and input into project health and safety files and other written documents as required
- Managing individual design projects
- Assist in the preparation and monitoring of the budget for projects including the planning, monitoring and reporting of project resources and finance.
- Assist in the preparation of bids.
There are several qualities that we are looking for:
- Qualified Engineer - (CEng + MICE, CMIHT or MIStructE desirable)
- Post-qualification experience designing infrastructure projects including pavements and associated services.
- Experience of airport design work is required
- Computer literate and thoroughly conversant with Office 365 and relevant engineering software including AutoCAD, AutoCAD Civil 3D and AviPLAN
- Experience of working in multi-disciplinary design teams including electrical and structural engineers
- Experience of the design of foul and storm water drainage, fire mains, hydrant refuelling, pits and ducts and stand services
- Knowledge of ICAO, EASA and CAA regulations
- Knowledge of airport operations
- Good communication skills dealing with clients, project partners and supply chain and a team player
- Client focused approach to service delivery.
We have a highly-respected team within the UK Airport industry:
- The team has long-standing relationships with the Project, Engineering and Airside Operations Teams at the major civil airports in the UK with continuity stretching back 25 years
- Our client has active major projects at Heathrow, Gatwick, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Stansted along with a growing order book.
- They work alongside some of the UK’s largest contractors in the design and build market
- They deliver design, consultancy services and expert advice to aviation sector clients including Airbus, Amey Defence/MOD and others
- Constantly developing new and existing technologies to deliver innovation in the form of drones and asset management.
If you feel you suit the criteria above, our clinet is engaged with us provide them with a contractual member of staff working for a rate of between £35 per hour and £55 per hour dependent on their level of experience and their amount of responsibilities.
If your interested then please get in touch with Bruce at Resourcing Solutions by emailing on firstname.lastname@example.org