As a result of continued growth my client requires an Estimator to support an existing new project with one of our key clients.
This position will be predominantly working in offices in the Birmingham area and will involve occasional visits to London.
It is essential the candidate has a good understanding and working knowledge/application of Estimating with heavy civils experience in a collaborative environment.
• Support the bid team to achieve deadlines.
• Obtain the most competitive quotes by understanding current market trends.
• Identify and report on risk and opportunity and scope.
• Develop tender strategy and continuously monitor review and assess tender documentation ensuring all documents are received and are correct.
• Review tender documents assessing scope, risks involved, tender complexity and provide feedback to the bid team.
• Conduct site inspections for tender understanding, analysis of conditions, assessment of risk and identification of activities that may or may not be shown in the tender documents.
• Operating within Morgan Sindall standard estimating procedures, calculate and prepare quantities in conjunction with the commercial team.
• Source subcontractors and suppliers capable of complying with tender in coordination with the commercial and bid teams.
• Compile letter of offer, tender schedules, program and other items required by the tender.
• Once tender is completed incorporate all relevant details, forward for review and approval prior to submission.
• Liaise with the customer on an ongoing basis to determine progress of tender.
• Compile relevant tender information into benchmark and estimate price.
• Make tender amendments where applicable utilising customer feedback on submitted tender.
• Review contract details relevant to the company’s ability to deliver under the contract.
• Provide feedback to senior managers regarding commercial contract exposure on the proposed project In-conjunction with senior management, participate at contract negations.
• Once tender has been successful coordinate and arrange for contract exchange.
• Prepare handover material of tender for the project team.
• Coordinate and conduct “handover” meeting with the project team, providing detailed briefing of the tender requirements.
• As necessary provide support and respond to tender queries made by project team personnel.
• Coach, mentor and assist direct reports professional development.
• Provide relevant information to direct reports enabling them to effectively carry out their functions.
• Delegate tasks to direct reports in line with skill, knowledge and ability.
• Identify skill gaps and training requirements for direct reports.
• As required, become involved in relevant personnel matters including recruitment and retention, to include performance management.
• Ensure all reasonable steps are taken in order to achieve workplace harmony within the area.
• Maintain sound and cooperative working relationship with existing customers.
• Continually seek and identify new and/or alternative business opportunities or initiatives which may impact on the overall competitiveness, profitability and growth of the business.
• Keep up to date and abreast of industry factors that may impact on the business.
• Participate in business development strategy initiatives.
• Investigate and stay abreast of future projects.
• Maintain and foster relationships with referral sources and other business contacts.
• Regularly review procedures for currency, productivities and methodologies.
ATTRIBUTES & SKILLES REQUIRED
• Ability to work in a team environment contributing across a project, site or area.
• Good management skills, with the ability to motivate self and colleagues to perform.
• Good planning and time management skills; able to manage activities simultaneously within compromising on standards and quality.
• Ability to ensure standards and specifications are met.
• Ability to work with colleagues to contribute to project and operational performance.
• Sound knowledge of construction practises and standards.
QUALIFICATIONS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
• Degree educated, preferred.
• Experience within the heavy civils sector.
• Demonstrated understanding of the use of first principles estimating.
• A sound working knowledge of project management principles.
• Awareness of current health and safety requirements and changes.
Excellent basic salary depending on experience + Bonus Scheme, Car or Car Allowance, Private Healthcare & Pension Scheme.
Please contact Thomas Kirkham 0118 924 1162 & email a current CV to Tkirkham@resourcing-solutions.com
Candidates who viewed this job also viewed...
Position: Estimator- Telecom Type of Employment: Contract Length of contract: 4 months Start: ASAP Our client is looking for a estimator with a...
Quantity Surveyor-Estimator London Ref: J2754013 Permanent opportunity offering competitive salary and attractive benefits package A large, long...
I am currently recruiting for a Junior Estimator as a result of continued growth with one of our key clients in Derby It is essential the...