Currently looking for a Planner with a solid Heavy Civil / Highways background on a permanent basis in the Birmingham area.
- Support and maintain the contractors plan in accordance to the contract
- Ensuring the effective and efficient maintenance of the programme
- Communicate programme performance, time and outcomes in a timely way with stakeholders and the Project Managers and generate and realise teams
- Manage and control programme information
- Support in implementing and promoting strong programme governance throughout the delivery of the project
- Assist the Control Manager with the financial progress and performance reporting and management of works programme
- Explore requirements of client and incorporate the same as best possible to have a competitive edge
- Understand the constraints, logistics, any site specific requirements and clear all doubts that may rise from reading the tender documents/drawings.
- Preparation of programme and method information for inclusion in submission document as per the tender deliverables requirement.
- Support and Develop the tender programme into a fully integrated Design, procurement and project programme in co-ordination with the site management team.
- Attend tender handover meeting, discuss about the methodology and programme strategy and describe potential target that can be achieved, any ideas for improvement on time and cost etc.
- Develop short term programmes as per the requirements of the team to assist in managing micro elements of the project.
- Assess the effects of client changes to the contract programme and advice the management if any delay notices/Early warnings are to be raised for extension of time on the project.
- Conduct programme audits as required by senior management and submit independent report.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Holds the relevant qualifications (i.e. minimum of HNC/HND in relevant discipline)
- programme delivery experience on Civil Engineering projects but ideally on Highways.
- Demonstrable experience in leadership, resource allocation and general management
- Experience in risk identification and assessment
- Detailed knowledge and experience of managing and maintaining a works programme
- Knowledge of full MS Office suite including Project, Project Server and SharePoint
Candidates who viewed this job also viewed...
Job duties Estimating Give instruction to your tender team, and any junior members assigned to your department or team Advise the Chief Estimator of...
An exciting opportunity has arisen for Senior Planner with experience in heavy civil projects ideally with a highways background. You will be an...
Project Controls Lead Are you looking at this because you are an experience Project Controls Lead and you are wondering if it is the time for a move?...