Currently looking for a Project Manager for a civil engineering contractor on a permanent basis.
The successful Project Manager will have experience with utilities, multi utility diversions, ground works, drainage and S278 works.
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE
To represent the company in the delivery of projects. To receive instruction on behalf of the company and to issue instruction and provide direction in order to ensure the successful delivery of projects assigned to the PM by Senior Management. Deliver the works safely, understand project objectives, develop team, client relationships, develop and monitor construction programme, identify and manage risks, manage and control changes to scope, monitor progress against cost plans, manage quality process, prepare project reports.
KEY RESULTS AREAS
? To represent the company in the delivery of projects.
? To receive instruction on behalf of the company
? To issue instruction and provide direction in order to ensure the successful delivery of projects assigned to the PM by Senior Management.
Deliver the works safely
- Be familiar with and observe all relevant statutory provisions applicable to construction and related industries.
- Implement the company’s procedures for dealing with sub-contractors and ensure proper co-operation and co-ordination takes place between the various parties who may share the workplace/site.
- Provide an overall health & safety plan for each site, making an adequate assessment of the risks involved, and ensuring that safe systems of work and method statements are produced, followed and reviewed.
- Ensure activity and/or substance-specific assessments under the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Regulations are made and communicated to those at risk.
- Ensure employees, self-employed, temporarily employed and non-employed trainees/persons have received adequate training and information about the activity they are required to undertake, particularly by ensuring induction is provided for those attending a location for the first time.
- Ensure employees are aware of the company’s policy for health & safety at work and that they have understood its requirements.
- Liaise with others as applicable and support initiatives for health and safety representation.
- Ensure proper protective equipment is provided, maintained and used.
- Report all accidents and incidents to the appointed health & safety manager, carry out investigations, make recommendations to prevent recurrence and ensure this information is effectively communicated.
- Undertake weekly work place inspections.Complete Understanding of all the project objectives.
Candidates who viewed this job also viewed...
Currently on the lookout for a General Foreman / Works Manager on a permanent basis for a civil engineering company based in the London area....
An established reputable consultancy are in need of a MEP Interface Manager to join their team in London. This is a fantastic contract opportunity...
Site Engineer London and Kent areas Ref: J2757679 Long term contractual position leading to permanent option Client looking to offer competitive per...