An exciting opportunity has arisen for Senior Planner with experience in heavy civil projects ideally with a highways background. You will be an expert in planning, having the ability to produce programmes from first principles. You will be expected to manage the planning of a portfolio of works producing and managing programmes themselves and managing more junior staff members and coordinating their day to day work.
- Creating programmes from first principles and in accordance with the contract requirements;
- Managing the programme throughout the project life cycle;
- Earned value Management
- Change Management
- Attending and leading and presenting at planning meetings;
- Drawing up plans and presenting schedules of work, often with visual aids such as bar charts and procedures diagrams.
- Preparing logistics plans and pricing schedules for individual projects.
- Liaising with the site management and commercial staff throughout the process, making adjustments to projects as necessary.
- Providing advice and support on the development of specific systems.
- Provide planning direction, training and support to key members of the project team
- Reporting to the Head of Planning.
- A sound knowledge of engineering principles, rail and civil and structural works
- Extensive experience in programme and project management, project planning, including programme controls, project review, and cost and risk analysis
- Experience of working with the NEC3 contact
- Strong maths and IT skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Creative ability
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to meet deadlines
Qualifications and Experience
Relevant qualification preferably engineering related, with significant demonstrable experience working in a similar role.
Computer literate in planning software
Candidates who viewed this job also viewed...
Job duties Estimating Give instruction to your tender team, and any junior members assigned to your department or team Advise the Chief Estimator of...
Currently looking for a Planner with a solid Heavy Civil / Highways background on a permanent basis in the Birmingham area. Key...
Project Controls Lead Are you looking at this because you are an experience Project Controls Lead and you are wondering if it is the time for a move?...