An exciting opportunity has arisen for Senior Planner with experience in heavy civil projects ideally with a highways background. You will be an expert in planning, having the ability to produce programmes from first principles. You will be expected to manage the planning of a portfolio of works producing and managing programmes themselves and managing more junior staff members and coordinating their day to day work.
- Creating programmes from first principles and in accordance with the contract requirements;
- Managing the programme throughout the project life cycle;
- Earned value Management
- Change Management
- Attending and leading and presenting at planning meetings;
- Drawing up plans and presenting schedules of work, often with visual aids such as bar charts and procedures diagrams.
- Preparing logistics plans and pricing schedules for individual projects.
- Liaising with the site management and commercial staff throughout the process, making adjustments to projects as necessary.
- Providing advice and support on the development of specific systems.
- Provide planning direction, training and support to key members of the project team
- Reporting to the Head of Planning.
- A sound knowledge of engineering principles, rail and civil and structural works
- Extensive experience in programme and project management, project planning, including programme controls, project review, and cost and risk analysis
- Experience of working with the NEC3 contact
- Strong maths and IT skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Creative ability
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to meet deadlines
Qualifications and Experience
Relevant qualification preferably engineering related, with significant demonstrable experience working in a similar role.
Computer literate in planning software
Candidates who viewed this job also viewed...
A rapidly expanding Midlands region of an internationally respected design, engineering and project management consultancies seek a Senior Planner...
Job duties Estimating Give instruction to your tender team, and any junior members assigned to your department or team Advise the Chief Estimator of...
Currently looking for a Planner with a solid Heavy Civil / Highways background on a permanent basis in the Birmingham area. Key...