SHEQ Advisor, Civils Telecoms, J2764635
Hampshire and surrounding regions
Excellent salary on offer
Due to contract wins and company growth, my client is currently looking for a SHE Advisor to join their dynamic SHEQ team to support projects in the Hampshire and surrounding areas.
Tasked with providing accurate and effective SHE advice to all staff operating across utility, construction and street works projects, the successful candidate will:
- Determine site compliance against company, client and legislative requirements.
- Ensure delivery of legislative compliance and promotion of continuous improvement of safety performance.
- Foster the development of SHEQ skills within operational line management.
- To ensure consistent implementation of SHEQ standards across the contract.
- Support operational personnel to deliver their SHEQ responsibilities.
Further duties will include:
- Undertake inspections / audits of operational sites, identify areas for improvement and assist with rectifications.
- Travel within the area to undertake site visits.
- Update relevant business systems with site audit data.
- Provide support and guidance to operational teams and management on SHE performance and provide root cause analysis to aid relevant coaching and feedback.
- Support operational personnel to comply with the CDM Regulations.
- Engage staff and contractors on SHE performance on a day to day basis and support the delivery of objectives and targets.
- Provide operational management and line manager with feedback on identified SHE risks and advise of possible solutions and remedial actions.
- Assist operational management to promote SHE at safety briefings.
- Delivery of new starter inductions.
- Communicate regularly with the line manager regarding issues identified on site and on-going issues, both internal and client.
- Assist with audits by internal and external bodies.
- Assist with and / or lead incident investigations; provide advice, support and guidance on legal framework. Ensure that learning points are fed into the SHE department for continued improvement of policy and standards etc.
- Participate in the creation of briefings and presentations.
- Maintain office safety processes, procedures, manuals and documentation and undertake regular office inspections.
- Attend meetings as and when required to assist with SHE management.
- Assist and support the SHE Manager in the preparation of internal and external reports.
- Undertake evaluations of existing and potential subcontractors, including annual auditing of sub-contractors' management systems.
- Participation in on-call rotas (on an ad-hoc basis).
You will need:-
- NEBOSH National General Certificate or equivalent.
- NRSWA Supervisor
- Experience within the Utilities or Telecoms industry
- Checkable work history and testimonials
For an informal chat about this or other roles please call Paul at Resourcing Solutions on 0118 924 1165 or apply online.
Candidates who viewed this job also viewed...
Cost Controller, J2764977 Dartford Permanent Excellent Salary I am currently looking for a Financial Administrator / Cost Clerk for a growing Telecoms...
Resourcing Solutions are currently looking for a 5 man gang in Dartford, Kent. Immediate start. Civils / streetworks project. 4 weeks work...
Role: Senior Quantity Surveyor Location: Sevenoaks, Kent I have a requirement for a competent Senior Quantity Surveyor to join a key client of mine...