Currently looking for a Planner with a solid Heavy Civil / Highways background on a contract basis in the Birmingham area.
- Support and maintain the contractors plan in accordance to the contract
- Ensuring the effective and efficient maintenance of the programme
- Communicate programme performance, time and outcomes in a timely way with stakeholders and the Project Managers and generate and realise teams
- Manage and control programme information
- Support in implementing and promoting strong programme governance throughout the delivery of the project
- Assist the Control Manager with the financial progress and performance reporting and management of works programme
- Explore requirements of client and incorporate the same as best possible to have a competitive edge
- Understand the constraints, logistics, any site specific requirements and clear all doubts that may rise from reading the tender documents/drawings.
- Preparation of programme and method information for inclusion in submission document as per the tender deliverables requirement.
- Support and Develop the tender programme into a fully integrated Design, procurement and project programme in co-ordination with the site management team.
- Attend tender handover meeting, discuss about the methodology and programme strategy and describe potential target that can be achieved, any ideas for improvement on time and cost etc.
- Develop short term programmes as per the requirements of the team to assist in managing micro elements of the project.
- Assess the effects of client changes to the contract programme and advice the management if any delay notices/Early warnings are to be raised for extension of time on the project.
- Conduct programme audits as required by senior management and submit independent report.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Holds the relevant qualifications (i.e. minimum of HNC/HND in relevant discipline)
- programme delivery experience on Civil Engineering projects but ideally on Highways.
- Demonstrable experience in leadership, resource allocation and general management
- Experience in risk identification and assessment
- Detailed knowledge and experience of managing and maintaining a works programme
- Knowledge of full MS Office suite including Project, Project Server and SharePoint
Candidates who viewed this job also viewed...
Leading international systems integrator seeks to employ a Project Planner with strong experience using ASTA PowerProjects to join on a contract basis...
Job duties Estimating Give instruction to your tender team, and any junior members assigned to your department or team Advise the Chief Estimator of...
Currently looking for a Planner with a solid Heavy Civil / Highways background on a permanent basis in the Birmingham area. Key...