Site Engineer- Structural Steel
My client are currently looking for an experienced Site Engineer to come on board on a permanent basis to manage and oversee the setting out and surveying stages of their steel structural construction projects in London. This is a great opportunity for a Site Engineer with steel structural package work experience via a main / principal contractor on a larger project or an Engineer with solid steel structure experience from a sub contractor background.
- Carry out your duties in compliance with company procedures and meet the project and role specific Key Performance Indicator standards.
- Promptly carry out your duties to the highest standards of safety and quality, produce and ensure that safe methods of work are in place and followed at all times.
- Work safely, stopping work if unsafe and speaking up to address any safety concerns
- Work to agreed systems of work and not take any short cuts
- Actively participate in safety initiatives and communicate any suggestions to improving work activities to improve safety.
- Understand and comply with Environmental policy, duties and requirements
- Report any environmental incidents to your manager
- Embrace learning and development opportunities
- Plan, programme and carry out pre-commencement base inspection surveys.
- Plan, programme and carry out alignment of structures during construction, including production of as-built surveys. When necessary, carry out checks of sub-contractors works.
- Plan, programme and carry out surveys of existing structures, including documentation of results.
- Carry out and document as-built inspections of site activities as directed by your site manager
- Maintain accurate records of your site activities, and other records as directed by your site manager.
- Establish and maintain a professional approach to all aspects of your work and that of your team.
- Support your site and the senior management team, and be a pro-active member of the team, committed to the success of the project.
- When required, plan, co-ordinate and manage the activities of sub-contract engineering surveyors.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with the Client, their staff and professional team to promote future opportunities for repeat business and minimise confrontational issues on the project. Maintain open dialogue with the Client's representative for site matters.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties deemed to be within your capability, as required by the Divisional Director or Contracts Manager or Site Manager.
- Maintain in good working order the surveying and other equipment allocated to you, including maintenance in date of equipment calibration.
Candidates who viewed this job also viewed...
I am currently on the lookout for a Senior Site Engineer on a permanent basis to carry out setting out works on site and use data for as built surveys...
Electrical Supervisor needed for Gatwick Airport. 1 year contract. £300 to £380 per day, dependant on experience. We are looking for...
We are currently recruiting for a Site Engineer for a permanent role in London. The role is with one of the largest construction companies in the UK...