I am currently recruiting for an experience Assistant/Quantity Surveyor on a permanent basis based in North Nottinghamshire.
This role is with a growing company that has been established for over 20 years. My client specialise in delivering high quality, reliable and cost effective engineering solutions, specialising in bespoke design and construction of water, energy and environmental processing and management projects.
The role of the QS is to ensure the efficient and effective commercial running of all contracts within their remit. Maintain good relationships with clients and professionals to ensure amicable agreements / settlements where possible.
1. Assist with the management of the commercial department, when requested, which may include:
- Establishing commercial management systems/strategy.
- Preparing contract documents and commercial reports.
- Mentoring staff to raise commercial awareness.
2. Commercial management of selected contracts:
- Carry out contract review(s) to establish contractual / financial risk. This should include reviewing client’s contract and specifications to ensure that they comply with our offer and any subsequent agreements.
- Identify variations to contract and price accordingly. If necessary, prepare contractual claims with respect to programme and / or scope.
- Assist in the pricing of estimates that augment existing contracts.
- Carry out cost value reconciliation’s (profit and loss).
- Prepare interim (e.g. monthly valuations) and final accounts, including negotiation and settlement.
- Work closely with the Project Managers and assisting them with their duties as necessary.
3. Commercial management of sub-contractors:
- Assist in identifying ‘best value’ sub-contractors.
- Prepare sub-contract packages, issue enquires, prepare contracts/PO’s and allocate work.
- Monitor accounts and issue monthly payment certificates / sign off invoices, including negotiation and settlement.
As required, liaise with:
- Other departments within the Company.
- Sub-contractors employed by the Company.
- The client and members of the professional team.
- Attending meetings, both internally and externally, as required.
- Assist with new business opportunities as they arise.
- Undertaking any other reasonable duties as requested by the MQS.
As a quantity surveyor you will have an Authority Level to negotiate and settle commercial agreements in whatever form (e.g. pre and post contract) subject to prior authorisation of the MQS/Commercial Director.
The successful candidate should;
- Ideally a qualification or time served experience in Quantity Surveying.
- Be familiar with main contract forms – NEC and JCT.
- Be IT literate (able to produce detailed tenders and reports), Conversant with Microsoft Project or equivalent.
- Have commercial and contractual awareness.
- Have good negotiation skills, influencing and communication skills, well-spoken and personable, able to get on with diverse personalities.
In return my client offer an excellent salary (dependant on experience) and real potential for career progression (dependant on experience).
Applications – Please contact Thomas Kirkham on 01189 241162 & email a current CV to email@example.com
Candidates who viewed this job also viewed...
I am currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor on a permanent basis based in Derby. This role is with a leading player in the UK Building...
We are currently looking for an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our client in Derby providing commercial support to their Rail...
Senior Quantity Surveyor Derby Permanent Competitive Salary + Benefits I have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to work in Derby...