Leading international rail engineering company seeks a Configuration & Change Management Engineer who has experienced of working within a systems engineering process environment to join their London based team on a contract basis.
The Lead Configuration & Change Management Engineer will report into the Signalling Software and Tools Manager within the engineering structure and will see you work on a variety of projects around the country. You will support the design and project engineering team to capture project configuration and effectively implement change management processes. You will set up and define the configuration and change management structure in line with the company s approved processes and using the approved tool set during the tender phase, update upon contract award and maintain the requirement structure throughout the project life cycle.
To meet the key deliverables of the role the Lead Configuration & Change Management Engineer shall be responsible for the following tasks:
- Produce the project configuration and change management plan.
- Create and maintain the project in the approved configuration and change management tools.
- Perform key user duties for configuration and change management tool.
- Analyse the stakeholder needs and expectations to establish the configuration for a system.
- Liaise with client at various levels and the system design authority to confirm system configuration requirements.
- Work with the V&V and requirements leader to assign configuration to correct subsystem and maintain traceability record.
- Ensure submitted entries are correctly populated and defined.
- Setup plan and facilitate configuration and change coordination meetings particularly between subsystems and interfaces.
- Verify that configuration and changes are clearly recorded with any supporting information documented/traceable.
- Review Change Proposals and support the project team to identify new configuration as part of configuration change Board Process.
- Report the change status to relevant stakeholders (closed, modified or new system configuration),
- Support the production of the verification and validation reports
- Confirm discipline CRE is recording configuration correctly, adequately defined, categorized.
- Confirm issues are being actioned / progressed
- Ensure open issues are exported to and recorded within ClearQuest at baseline freeze.
- Escalate safety issues to the PrEM and or CEM
- Provide project configuration and change management progress reports / KPI reports.
- Provide configuration and change management training as required
- Undertake the duty of process correspondent for configuration and change management
To be considered for the role of Lead Configuration & Change Management Engineer candidates must have current/ previous experience working within a systems engineering process environment as well as experience of applying RSSB, Network Rail and other rail standards.
To apply is easy, contact Oliver on 0118 932 0100 for more info or just apply online.
Candidates who viewed this job also viewed...
Job Title Mechanical Design Engineer Location London Job Type Contract I am currently looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer within the rail...
Job Title Senior Commissioning Engineer (Rail Comms) Job Type Contract Central London Experienced Senior Commissioning Engineer (Rail Comms) required...
Role: Quantity Surveyor Location: London Pay: £350 - £400 per day (Outside IR35) A key client of mine are in the market for a standalone...