Compliance Manager - Light Rail and Guided Transport Systems
Long term contractual opportunity with option of Permanent
Competitive per day rates offered
Our client a UK based consultancy specialising within Project Management Operations Management, Health and safety, Compliance and Risk Assurance all within UK Rail and Guided Transport Systems, have a long term contractual opportunity ideal for a detailed, focused and thorough Compliance and Audit Manager with experience and in-depth knowledge of compliance systems within the UK Light Rail sector looking at its Infrastructure, Rolling stock and overall operations and or within Guided Transport Systems.
To be based in west London, this long term contractual position (with the strong opportunity of becoming a permanent option).
Our client need their Compliance Manager to audit checks on Light Rail systems and Guided Transport systems with the outcome of identifying any and all non-compliances and effective opportunities for improvements. As the appointed Compliance Manager, you will be developing and leading on a robust and clear compliance and assurance regime to meet legislative, standards and business needs to ensure health and safety, cost, performance and Risk can be managed successfully.
- Being the Compliance Manager, you will ideally need to have performed a very similar position within UK Light Rail and Guided Transport Systems, with strong experience of identifying non-compliances and preparing suitable actions for improvement and reviewing closure of these actions
- You will be responsible for managing and influencing both internal and external interfacing parties and key stakeholders to devise and implement credible Risk avoidance actions. This will include carrying out incident and accident reviews relating to operations and process.
- One of your aims as Compliance Manager will be to ensure effective arrangements are defined and in place to support effective daily operations in this Light Rail and Guided Transit systems area. Impacts and deviation from the normal could include factors such as; employee shortage, supplier failures, equipment defects to major incidence, closures, power loss, etc.
- Strong competence in the reviewing of management system procedures, with the ability to make credible amendments where necessary to ensure compliance with relevant up-to-date legislation and standards
- Create, maintain and be accountable for Management Systems, ensuring they are credible and always fit for purpose. This will include reviewing all procedures and work remit instructions.
- You will be supporting, guiding and advising varied Discipline Managers in developing, implementing and continually improving their processes and procedures to support compliance in accordance with the Management Systems.
It is envisaged that the appointed Compliance Manager will have worked in a similar remit within Rail and Light Rail systems and will be degree qualified degree or equivalent within an Engineering and or Compliance / Auditing Field and also a recognised Health and Safety qualification such as NEBOSH or IOSH.
Past experience and working appreciation of working with or within a Rail related regulated body or organisation at a managerial level.
You will be used to communicating with Key-stakeholders and Clients alike and will be used to coordinating credible Audits and supporting your findings. You will be a strong communicator at all levels with strong communication and presentations skills.
As stated, our client have a long term contractual position which, in time will be happy to put forward a permanent option. For the right experience, our client is offering very competitive per day rates.
If you are the right fit for this Compliance Managers position and can competently demonstrate the understanding and experience of quality and risk management required for this position then please click on the apply button now or call Kaleb on 0118 932 0100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting J2761973.
Candidates who viewed this job also viewed...
Job Title- Mechanical Fitter 25-28k Location- Croydon Industry- Rollingstock We are recruiting for a Fitter, Industrial on a permanent, full time...
Role: Senior Quantity Surveyor Pay: Up to £65,000 pa + car allowance and package Location: Berkshire I have a requirement for a Senior Quantity...
10 labourers / cable pullers needed in Folkestone, Kent for 3 months to start immediately. This will be working on the ElecLink project 10 hours...