A world leading engineering consultancy with an unrivalled passion for innovation seeks to employ a rail professional with a solid understanding of rail engineering standards and experienced of working for a notified or assessment body in the role of Rail Assurance Engineer based in Central London. This is a key hire for this leading brand following the recent award of a flag ship programme and the Rail Assurance Engineer will be responsible for the delivery of all the core activities for the client. Based in a vibrant and modern office in Central London you will be involved in all aspects of railway inspection and certification activities such as Notified Body (NoBo), Designated Body (DeBo), Inspection, Certification and Compliance. You will have the opportunity to provide support for the expansion of business into new markets.
You will be joining a consultancy committed to using their ingenuity to deliver lasting value for their worldwide clients. With endless opportunity for progression in an environment that supports knowledge sharing, this position is ideal for someone looking to take the next step in the development of their career in a creative and dynamic global consultancy.
Main Role Activities:
- Produce technical reports and certificates in line with defined procedures.
- Responsibility for planning, organising and delivering projects to strict budgets and timeframes.
- Provide consultancy and support of the EU/UK legislation and regulations required to deliver projects.
- Proposal development based on customer requirements, regulations and
- Technical review of customer enquiries, inspection reports and proposals.
- Liaise with customers.
- Mentor and develop junior members of the team.
- Review of design submissions, test plans and commissioning activities.
- Development of core business opportunities through networking.
- Travel to support overseas projects and customers.
- Extensive and demonstrable engineering industry experience.
- Exposure to rail systems engineering project work.
- Experience of working within a regulatory technical environment.
- Experience of working with engineering standards and specifications within the Rail industry.
- Engineering project management.
- Experience of technical audits and inspections to formally recognised requirements.
- Experience of producing technical reports and certificates in line with defined procedures.
- Pro-active and able to develop core business opportunities through networking.
- Understand legislation and the role of engineering standards within the railway industry.
- Experience of developing and mentoring junior engineers.
- Experience of working with/for Rail Notified Bodies or Assessment Bodies
In return the Principle Rail Assurance Engineer will be offered a salary of between £40,000 - £65,000 basic salary accompanied with 23 days holiday, pension with contributions of up to 14% and other benefits.
To apply is easy, call Oliver on 0118 932 0100 or 077 255 97833 for a confidential chat or just simply apply online
Candidates who viewed this job also viewed...
Work for an engineering consultancy with a different approach and join a team of handpicked talent that stand out from the rest. This specialist...
My client is currently looking for a Project Manager on a permanent basis in the London area. The ideal Project Manager will come from a civil...
Job Title - Electrical Winder Industry - Water Treatment Location- London/Barking Rate - £16.00- 18.00 Duration - Temp to Perm We are currently...