A senior leadership position has arisen for a proven rail professional with experience of railway systems design integration and commissioning processes on major infrastructure programmes to join an iconic rail client. The position is Head of Railway Systems Integration and will see you play a pivotal role in developing the strategy and processes for systems integration on a flagship programme. This position can be based in London, Birmingham or Manchester and will see you take responsibility for the management of rail systems, managing large scale budgets, delivering value for money and engineering delivery. This is a highly rewarding opportunity which comes with a very attractive leadership remuneration package.
As Head of Railway Systems Integration you will report directly into the Chief Engineer who is the most senior engineer within the organisation who is accountable for specifying the appropriate design and assuring the construction of this major programme. You will lead all integration activities on the programme so clear integrated requirements baselines are established for systems prior to the design stages commencing. You will coordinate all integration activities between civils, stations, railway systems, rolling stock and the rail network.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Support the Director of Railway Systems in the delivery of the Railway Systems Contractors cross-system functionality
- Review Integration Risks, ensure mitigation strategies are developed and implemented in a timely manner.
- Work with Programme Management teams to ensure that the project phases are delivered in accordance with technical and schedule requirements
- Define requirements for Systems Integration Facility, operating processes and procedures
- Provide a suite of System Architectures that demonstrate physical, logical, and procurement integration
- Definition and management of interface process and system design between Main Works Civil, Stations, Railway Systems, Rolling Stock and the Conventional Rail Network
- Undertake multi-disciplinary analysis of Contractors system designs to determine compliance with the project s integration specifications and standards
- Review Contractors integration plans, integration reports and test procedures
- Provide technical advice and guidance concerning those aspects of system integration across the company including the provision of technical advice to the designers of the project, procurement and management of consultants.
- In association with Railway System and Rolling Stock Engineering team ensure an integrated, consistent approach to delivering the range of activities associated with the advisory and client role of the Technical Authority invested in the Infrastructure Directorate
- Lead the definition, review and assurance of the technical requirements for the railway systems contract packages, such that the packages allow effective procurement and construction whilst the quality and scope of the packages together achieve the Sponsor s requirements.
- Provide specialist technical advice and support the on-going community consultation process and environmental assessment along the whole route.
- Contribute to the development of business strategy in the assigned business area and provide specialist guidance and advice to support business aims and control risks to the business in relation to its safety, reliability, operability and maintainability.
- Manage budget and resource requirements over different stages of the project and carry out associated line management responsibilities for a diverse functional team.
To be considered for the position of Head of Railway Systems Integration candidates will have substantial experience of railway systems management on major infrastructure progammes. You will have managed large scale budgets within a commercial railway systems construction environment. You will have experience of substantiating and delivering value for money within a major project as well as managed the engineering delivery of significant projects within the constraints of cost, time and quality.
In return you will be offered a £six figure basic salary accompanied with an attractive benefits package.
To apply is easy, call Oli at Resourcing Solutions on 0118 932 0100 for more info or just simply apply online.
Candidates who viewed this job also viewed...
TP137 M&E Site Manager Wimbledon 6 month contract basis I am currently looking for a TP137 M&E Site Manager to join some of the best people...
Resourcing Solutions are currently recruiting for 1 experienced skilled groundworker with good drainage / pipelaying experience with a blue CPCS...
Job Title Junior / Assistant Engineer Job Type Contract Location London We are currently working with one of our key clients who are urgently seeking...