Principle Designer / CEM Rail Civils and Buildings
Very long term contractual position offering competitive per day rates
Following the recent award of a new multi-million £ contract, our client a renowned, leading UK Rail main contractor is in need of a strong, experienced, detailed and analytical, knowledgeable Rail related Principle Design Engineer at CEM level, to manage and ensure engineering compliance within the varied design to delivery engineering requirements for new many varied Rail Civil and build project requirements to be based in the South West.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Reporting to the Programme Management team, you the Principle Design Engineer / CEM for this Rail Civils and Buildings programme will be accountable for the effective control and supervision of all related design to delivery processes, ensuring that all work is carried out in a safe and timely fashion, to spec. and looking at the health, safety and quality of works
- As the Principle Designer / CEM, you will have a strong working knowledge of all related Rail Civils and Buildings development design to delivery processes and a thorough understanding of related disciplines and interfaces, i.e. Civils & Structures, P-Way, Signalling, Drainage and M&E
- You the Principle Designer / CEM will be accountable for the delivery of Engineering from Minor to Heavy, focused on the commitment to implement designs the builds, utilising testing and commissioning processes maintaining and updating project performance records.
The Principle Designer / CEM for this Rail Civils and Buildings programme, will be thorough, delivery focused and will have previous experience working in a similar role as a Principle Design Engineer CRE or CEM. You will be adept in the control and coordination of processes involved in major diverse Rail related programme of works linked to Civils and Buildings.
The Principle Design Engineer / CEM will possess the following;
- Strong working knowledge of UK Rail mainline infrastructure development including Assets and Rail Buildings development and related multi-discipline aspects
- Strong working experience within the effective management of credible Rail and Civil design, delivery management remit, possessing past and / or present NWR CEM / CRE sign-off
- The proven ability of managing Design Engineers, Design houses, Clients and Key stakeholders effectively, with the ability to overcome objections, negotiate effectively and offer strategic advice and suggestions for the benefit of the Clients, Key Stakeholders, the company and the project delivery as a whole
- Good man-management, planning, cost management, design and with strong CDM regulation appreciation
You will be Degree qualified or equivalent and possess a good level of IT literacy with the ability to produce basic reports and updates whenever required and will be confident and competent with communicating and presenting to teams at all levels.
This is a superb opportunity for a skilled and knowledgeable Rail related The Principle Designer / CEM to offer their experience and attributes to an established UK Rail organisation. For this initial long term contractual position, our client is looking to offer very competitive per day rates for the right knowledge, abilities and proven experience, suitability for the role as.
Please note that we can only accept applications from candidates who are currently eligible to live and work in the UK.
If you are the right fit for this Principle Designer / CEM position looking at the effective design processes for Rail Civil infrastructure and Building development and can demonstrate the skills and experience required to be successful in this post, then please CLICK ON THE APPLY BUTTON now or call Kaleb on 0118 932 0100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Ref: J2753992
Compare your salary with our free and anonymous salary benchmarking tool. http://www.mysalarytool.com/
Candidates who viewed this job also viewed...
Electrical Design Engineer, J2754185 West Ham / Basingstoke Three month plus rolling contract Good rates of pay I am currently looking for an...
Job Title Rail Comms Design Engineer (SISS) Location Midlands Salary/Rate Negotiable - Permanent position or contract Are you a Rail Comms Design...
RSL are looking for an electrical engineer on a perm basis. 45k circa based in Stevenage day to day duties: protection design 11KV Network design...