Role: Procurement Manager
Pay: £350 pd OR £50,000 FTC
I have a requirement for a Procurement Manager to join a large Rail Communications Consortium on a freelance or fixed term contract basis based out of Scunthorpe.
My client specialises in providing end to end telecoms based services across a range of infrastructure projects specifically transportation and mobile telecoms sectors. It is a rapidly growing organisation and currently has opportunities for a Procurement Manager in their Scunthorpe office.
Your responsibilities will include:
As the Procurement Manager you will:
- Work closely with the bid and delivery teams to ensure earliest possible involvement within projects
- Liaise with project teams and business streams to achieve an early understanding of project requirements and developments and develop procurement strategies to support bids to customers and their subsequent delivery, mitigating risk.
- Develop and agree specific sourcing strategies with project teams
- Undertake RFI s, RFQ s, evaluation of supplier responses, negotiations with suppliers and order placement
- Compile supplier performance management information to allow you to effectively manage supplier performance to meet contractual and customer requirements including claims and dispute resolution
- Manage procurement relationships with relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Benchmark supplier pricing to ensure value for money can be demonstrated
- Report to senior management on supplier performance as required.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Substantial project procurement management experience within a construction, transportation or Telco related environment
- Experience of tendering, awarding and managing the commercial performance of projects with sub-contractors and suppliers
- Need to demonstrate a proven track record with strategic sourcing, managing supplier relationships, negotiation, process compliance, leading complex sourcing activities and supplier integration into project teams.
- Excellent analytical skills, strong commercial awareness, a measured approach to decision making and the ability to ensure best value procurement
- Have the ability to adopt pragmatic, yet disciplined approach to process compliance.
- Proficient in the use of MS office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
If this sounds right for you or if you want more information about the Commercial market, please do not hesitate to get in touch on the following details:
- Call - 01189 241 643
- Text - 07725 597837
- Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=AAIAABJHYzUB2oMQ2XMoO357QtjMaGeWtrDT1a4&trk=nav_responsive_tab_profile
If this isnt for you why not check you re worth on www.mysalarytool.com
Candidates who viewed this job also viewed...
Electrician £20 per hour Wincham, Cheshire 2 weeks contract work available for an Electrician in Wincham, Cheshire. This work will inlolve...
Plumber needed in Wincham, Cheshire £20 per hour 10 hour shifts 2 weeks contract work available for a team of Plumbers in Wincham, Cheshire....
Role: Quantity Surveyor Pay: £300 per day Location: Liverpool I have a requirement for a Quantity Surveyor to join a key client of mine based...