Role: Senior Quantity Surveyor
Pay: £400 per day
Location: East London
We have been requested by our client to recruit a Senior Quantity Surveyor on a freelance basis to join their Rail team to work in London on the multi-million pound Crossrail Project which is due to run until early 2019. Our client are one of the largest construction contractor in the country and have an excellent reputation across a range of sectors
Your duties will include:
- In conjunction with the relevant Project Management team members, be accountable for the profitability of the projects, and develop an appropriate commercial strategy to ensure delivery of required margins.
- With other members of the team, produce and provide accurate forecasts of project cost to completion and final value.
- Continually monitor projected costs to completion in line with budget
- Ensure that necessary interface information between customers, sub-contractors and other departments is provided in a timely manner.
- Ensure contract variations are identified, valued and turned into agreed variation orders with the customer in a timely manner
- and more.
In order to qualify for the role you must have:
- Sound working knowledge of construction and contract law and various forms of contract
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of tendering and procurement processes
- Knowledge of construction techniques on particular projects
- Ability to apply the knowledge and principles of commercial management to construction
- Working knowledge of basic plant, equipment and materials
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office
- Good negotiation skills
Desirable attributes include:
Degree in QS or any relevant equivalent commercial qualification
Member of a relevant QS Profession QS institution
If this sounds right for you or if you want more information about the Commercial market, please do not hesitate to get in touch on the following details:
- Call - 01189 241 642
- Text - 07725 597837
- Email - email@example.com
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=AAIAABJHYzUB2oMQ2XMoO357QtjMaGeWtrDT1a4&trk=nav_responsive_tab_profile
If this isn t for you why not check you re worth on www.mysalarytool.com
Candidates who viewed this job also viewed...
Role: Quantity Surveyor (Rail) Location: London Project: HS2 We have been requested by a huge main contractor JV to recruit a Quantity Surveyor with...
Mechanical Project Manager - Experience of new build residential high rise projects including Energy Centres White City, West London Permanent- Salary...
Role: Managing Quantity Surveyor Location: London Sector: Rail Permanent opportunity offering competitive salary and attractive benefits package ...