One of the world’s leading engineering and environmental consultancies who specilaise in the transport and energy markets seek to employ a Train Propulsion specialist with strong knowledge of traction systems, engines and battery systems to join their propulsion team. This is a key hire for this leading brand as they aspire to become a world leader in propulsion across all transport sectors with the aim of decarbonizing all vehicles for the future. You will join an established team and act as the bridge between their rail, automotive and industrial divisions where you will share industry knowledge and ideas enabling you to provide innovative solutions to clients around the world. If you are rail professional with expertise in traction systems, engines and battery systems and, would like to make a difference to the world then please apply! This exciting role can be based at various locations around the UK including the Midlands, Yorkshire, Sussex, South West, Oxfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Surrey, London
Reporting into the Head of Strategy, the Train Propulsion Engineer will act as the focal point for communications between the Rail and Automotive & Industrial divisions. You will exploit you knowledge of the Rail propulsion market and the capabilities of the Automotive & Industrial division to win business by developing targeted value add customer propositions.
Other duties will include:
- Jointly responsible for meeting the budgeted revenue targets for Rail sector business – owning and driving lead generation and proposal development and maintaining a pipeline of business opportunities. To apply industry knowledge and professional judgement in collating, analysing and synthesising complex information to develop targeted value add customer propositions.
- To produce high quality, technically accurate analysis, reports, designs or other documents in support of client projects within timescales and budgetary requirements.
- To understand and be able to cross sell innovative technologies, putting the right people in touch when required.
- To understand the Rail propulsion market needs and help translate these needs into areas of opportunity for the company and solutions for our clients
- To understand the approaches and value offerings of the company’s competitors in order to evaluate and enhance our competitive position.
- Develop and maintaining a strong client network and key client relationships in the area of propulsion. Driving and guiding the Automotive & Industrial service line R&D to deliver the products and solutions needed to take to market in the Rail propulsion sector.
- Maintain an awareness of the latest technology, industry trends, legislation and projects in Rail propulsion.
To be considered for the role of Train Propulsion Engineer candidates ideally with have and engineering degree. You will have experience of working in the rail propulsion systems from either an OEM or Design organisation. You will have a good understanding of rail propulsion systems and their applications. You will have an ambitious approach to your work and be committed to supporting the growth of this department.
In return you will be offered a salary of up to £80,000 (dependent on experience) which is accompanied with an attractive benefits package.
To apply is easy, email Oli on email@example.com for more info or just simply apply online
Candidates who viewed this job also viewed...
A permanent opportunity has arisen for a proven H&S Advisor to work with in an market leading environmental specialist to be based in North West...
A major railway systems Contractor is seeking a CMS Surveyor to work in London. You will be carrying out surveys of CMS (cable management...
A Railway Contractor is seeking an Assistant Project Engineer (Rail Comms) to join its London based team on an initial 3 month Contract. As an...